CBT for Burnout In Bristol
What is Burnout?
In simple terms, burnout is a state of exhaustion: both physical and emotional. Whether onset by stress inflicted from your job, school or your life, burnout is something which can happen to anyone at any point in their lives. With feelings of being lost within the midst of everything around them, burnout can lead to many unhealthy behaviours and decisions and can be very detrimental on the wellbeing of one’s mental health. As the stress of the situation continues, there may be a loss of motivation and interest in some, or all aspects of one’s life.
Signs and symptoms of burnout include:
· Insomnia and general exhaustion
· Being irritable with those closest to you
· Mental fog
· The feeling that everything feels like hard work or a chore
· Plans to “get away from it all”
· Unhealthy coping mechanisms – for example drinking or eating too much at the end of the day
I have written a blog about burnout in detail – take a read.
Also, read 5 Tips for Burnout which ACTUALLY work
CBT for Burnout
Tiresome for both yourself and those around you, burnout not something which you need to live with. Here at CBT Avon, we specialise in CBT for burnout and have bounds of experience working with people who have spread themselves too thinly. Having worked with countless successful, driven and altogether busy people, the struggle is always the same: they are trying to achieve 100% in every area of their life which will always be impossible.
CBT can teach you tools to identify your negative thinking and behavioural patterns which you have learnt from the past behaviours and experience and teach you ways to overcome these and create new alternatives to generate positive feelings and break the vicious cycle of burnout.
Frequently asked Questions
How do I contact CBT Avon about beginning my burnout?
Call 0117 456 2438 or email email@example.com. We’re always happy to hear from new people, so please do not hesitate to get in touch and make the first step to manage the symptoms associated with burnout.
What are the main symptoms of Burnout?
There are many signs and symptons both physical and emotional associated with burnout. They may include:
- Insomnia and general exhaustion
- Being irritable with those closest to you
- Mental fog
- The feeling that everything feels like hard work or a chore
- Plans to “get away from it all”
- Unhealthy coping mechanisms – for example drinking or eating too much at the end of the day
How long are CBT Sessions with CBT Avon?
The sessions are 50 minutes usually.